Sunday, July 28, 2013

Happenings

Yesterday morning, Donna stopped by and dropped off a couple bags of veggies from her garden.  One bag had 6 large, beautiful green peppers.  I immediately thought about making stuffed peppers even though I'd never made them before.  I searched online for some recipes and went to Aldi's to pick up the rest of the ingredients I needed.  Also, Dakota specifically asked for some muffin mix.  He wanted strawberry, but they only had blueberry.  I got back home and he and I made up the muffins.  He measured things out and mixed it all up.  Those were some yummy muffins!

I love finding new-to-me blogs and websites from homeschooling/unschooling families.  I enjoy the discovering of new ideas for projects or finding a book someone might enjoy or a link to some amazing video.  I found just that video yesterday.  Go HERE and watch and learn.  My life changed.  For real.

At Christmas, Max gave Britney The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit.  She picked The Hobbit up the other day and started reading and yesterday began reading it to Dakota.  I absolutely love when she reads aloud.  She puts so much emotion into it.  She does voices and sings and acts things out.  It held The Boy's attention, that's for sure.  I just don't have that power.  She's such a wonderful big sister :)

Back to the stuffed peppers:
It's kind of a long process and I didn't go by a set recipe, but they turned out pretty darn good!
I filled them up with ground beef, brown rice, sauteed mushrooms, onions, garlic, tomato sauce and different seasonings and topped them off with parmesan cheese.  Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family