Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Today

We had made plans to have the homeschool group over at the house today.  In the years and years of knowing and hanging out, they've all been here...once?  Maybe twice.  We just don't host things here.  I suppose I have had my reasons, but that doesn't make them good reasons.  At any rate, Brit was feeling icky and although we talked about rescheduling, we decided to stick with the original plan.  But then one family couldn't come because of sickies...then another.  Then I talked to Brit and realized her protests of I FEEL FINE were more because she REALLY wanted to see her friends - not because she actually felt great.  It's all allergy, sinusy stuff.  Ick.  So, I cancelled with hopes of rescheduling for next week.  I don't want to put it off for too long.  I miss my friends.  Waaa!

Yesterday, we had made dinner plans with Elisa for today but since our lunch plans changed, we called her and ended up deciding to do things earlier.  Luckily Britney woke up feeling better.  Yay!  Everyone met here, Bridgett and the kids and Elisa and we all headed to get our grub on.  We had a wonderful lunch to celebrate Bobby and Britney's birthdays.  We had so much fun together!

When it was time to leave, Bridgett had to take Will to run an errand, so the girls rode with us.  We ended up going to Hobby Lobby...although Kaitlin thought roller skating would have been a MUCH better idea :)  I enjoyed looking at things with the girls.  They play with a dollhouse that was their mom's when she was little and it has been repainted and touched up.  They wanted EVERYTHING in the dollhouse department -  furniture, lighting, and...tiny little everythings.  I actually was surprised by all of the little things.  I mean, a miniature Corn Flakes box?

They each picked out some things - colored felt, masks, feathers and one got a bunny and the other a bear.  Britney bought herself some nice colored pencils, which we used the 40% off coupon for!  SCORE!  Also, those of you with smartypants phones, you don't have to print out the coupon.  You can just pull it up on your phone and show it to them.  Dakota picked out some color changing silly putty (of course:) and I got a small artist's palette.  The other day when I was painting, I used the underside of Dakota's Frisbee.  Hahaha...well, it worked, but dang this thing was like 2 bucks.  I'm glad we have one now.

Once we got to the house, the kids finished watching something they had started this morning, then they all left.  Elisa took Britney to the movies to see The Conjuring.  I hope she can sleep tonight!  Bobby is napping and Dakota is playing a computer game he and Bobby installed yesterday.  It's a war, shoot 'em up game so I have been listening to the sounds of gunfire for the last hour.  Good times :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family