Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings

Several years ago, I attempted making homemade chicken and dumplings.  I failed miserably.  According to Britney, it is the single most vile thing I've ever provided for her to eat.  Needless to say, I haven't attempted them again...until today!

You know how EVERYONE is posting or sharing recipes on The Book Face?  Well, this recipe was shared by a friend the other night and I knew I had to try it.  I needed to redeem myself with my girl :)

Here's what ya need:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts  (we used chicken tenders because that's what was on sale at the store)
2 Tablespoons butter
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced
2 (10 oz) packages refrigerated biscuit dough torn into pieces

Place all ingredients (except for biscuit dough) in slow cooker.  Add just enough water to cover.

Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on high.  About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn pieces of biscuit dough in the pot.  Cook until the dough is cooked through.  (30 to 35 minutes seemed about right)
*We did not use all of the biscuit dough...almost half.  The kids added it until they felt like it was enough.  I then baked up the rest to serve with the main event.

It is YUMMY!  Brit gasped and I thought something was wrong and she was like...no, I'm just trying to keep from crying because it's so good.  SCORE!  Bobby said it's a keeper recipe and Dakota ate all of the chicken but didn't like the dough.

It is VERY filling and I believe you would have to be super hungry to even think about going back for seconds.  It made a lot of food!  We all ate, Bobby has some to take to work and the kids have enough for lunch tomorrow.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family