Thursday, July 11, 2013

A whole month

I've really tried to post more this year.  I was doing pretty well until...I wasn't.  I've tried to blog but it just didn't seem to flow.  So, here I am trying again.  A month has gone by for goodness sake!

Trying to recap a bit...a little at a time and in no particular order.
The yard sale - we finally had it!  When I say finally, I mean our house has been completely full of boxed, unwanted items waiting to be sold.  Years and years and years worth of clutter just sitting EVERYWHERE.  I wasn't able to clean the house.  I mean, I could tidy up but it still looked like I belonged on an episode of hoarders.  It was a pretty successful sale.  Plus, other than the larger items (saddles and tack, dive gear, etc.) everything was loaded up into The Beast and donated.  Two truckloads!  

The den/computer room has been cleaned.  For really real cleaned.  If you've seen it, you know how horrible it was.  The floors have been vacuumed and steam cleaned and re-vacuumed.  Everything has been dusted and the posters that were covering the walls are gone.  The kids didn't want them up anymore so I threw them out!  The posters...not the kids :)  Bobby helped in there yesterday and we pulled the computer desk out from the wall and vacuumed and dusted back there.  Of course, now we're talking about painting ideas.  We've been here 10 years.  It's about time to paint that room!

The first day of summer...well the first couple days of summer were LOTS of fun and very busy!  We had a blast!  A group of us were invited to a friend's house for some hanging out time.  They live smack dab on the Mulberry River.  We ate lunch and headed down to the water where the kids played and played.  Dakota did get cold so he curled up in the sand soaking up the warmth...then onto a rock like a lizard.  We chatted and laughed.  It was a good day!  Then that night, we went to Boogie Bottoms with the Crawfords and two Woods men to watch World War Z and Man of Steel.  We got in super late that night, but had plans on going canoeing in Tennessee with the Crawfords the next day.  We went back and forth about going just because of being tired and forking out more gas money.  In the end, we decided to go and I'm so glad we did.  I knew I would love it once we got there, it was just the getting there.

Okay...that's all for now.  Pictures!  Well, not of the yard sale...I'm not that weird.

Swimming with friends!











Drive In






Canoe!












Foster Falls!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family