Friday, July 19, 2013

Crafty

I've been wanting to get more art on the walls.  Things that we've done...not the store bought kind.  We have some prints that we got right after we bought the house.  I've been trying to get rid of them.  I tried selling them online.  I put them in the yard sale.  Nobody wants these suckers!  I decided to hang onto them instead of taking them to donate.  I was looking at one last night and decided to get creative.

I turned this:

 into this:

with Henry David Thoreau's quote "All good things are wild and free" as my inspiration.  I'm not sure that it's finished but I like it the way it is...with it's imperfections.  We have two more pieces to work on and I really hope the kids  help with them.  (They both want to.  It's just a matter of them being home long enough!  It's summer, baby!)  Bobby too if he can.  I'm thinking hand prints will be incorporated in some way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family