Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fluff to Buff

Okay, so I have made a decision.  I have 6 months until my 32nd birthday.  In that time, my goal is to lose 45 pounds.  However, I have a physical idea of how I want to look and with the amount of muscle I have and plan on gaining, I'm not as concerned about the number on the scale as I am with overall fat loss. 

I have been around 200 pounds for years and in the last 4 or 5 months have added another 10 pounds to that.  I am the heaviest I've ever been in my life.  It's unhealthy and disgusting and I'm tired of feeling this way about myself.  So...I'm doing something about it.

I have been working out and eating SO much better, but still get slammed with cravings that no amount of avocados or carrot sticks are going to satisfy.  Yesterday was one of those days and I ended up giving in to cravings, justifying it by "But I'm working out every day now.  I'll burn off that bowl of Lucky Charms with whole milk in no time!"  Gina.  Get real.  I have to want this more than that bowl of cereal or Taco Bell or that ridiculous chocolate craving (that I didn't give in to)

I am my happiest when I am physically active.  I love being active...running around throwing a softball makes me giddy.  Seriously.  Ask Bobby who has been throwing with me.  I giggle all the freakin' time!

If I could commit to any workout regimen, I would be doing Crossfit.  I have a lot of friends who are involved with the local Crossfit and I can see a huge difference in them.  Here's their site which will explain what Crossfit is.  I would LOVE it, but I would need to get a job with the paycheck going directly to them.  It's expensive!  So I can't do that NOW but maybe in the future.

I am not discouraged by that.  I have plans on how to incorporate their ideas into workouts I can do here at home.  Plus, I have softball starting up in April, a track right down the road, I have a bike (which needs a new seat and possibly pedals thanks to a dog)...okay scratch the bike...I have a few weights, ropes, blocks, etc.  I'll make it happen!

Also, I'm setting goals for myself by not only doing the Color Run in September but by making plans to participate in the Spartan Sprint next March.  I'm also looking at other obstacle course races like Tough Mudder, Iron Warrior Dash, and Warrior Dash.

Needless to say, I'm pumped!  I tired of looking at things and wishing I could do them.  The only thing stopping me...is me.  And I'm finished standing in the way of my happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family