Sunday, August 21, 2011

Olive Garden, Critters, fye, Epic

I woke up this morning feeling...icky. My knee is hurting worse and my hip hurts when I move it a certain way. I didn't sleep well. This no air conditioning thing is hard to deal with. I think my brain is melting.

I didn't make any plans for today. We still intend to have everyone over as soon as it can be rescheduled. My brother called and invited us to Olive Garden to celebrate Brit's day. We decided to take him up on the offer and finished getting ready. She also opened her present from Cody...a stuffed Yoshi key chain and a couple Death Note pins. We met Max around 12:30 and had a delicious meal and Brit got the best pumpkin cheesecake. She said she couldn't imagine having a better birthday cake. After lunch we went to Pet Smart and looked around for a while. We're very critter oriented:)

Max gave Britney a machete, sword thing that she LOVES and another double bladed...thing. I have no idea what it's called. I'll get pictures tomorrow. Anyway, she loves them and couldn't have asked for a better present. Thanks Max!

Before we went home, we stopped by the mall so Brit and Cody could look through f.y.e. They wanted to look around at the other anime items and they also have a lot of Mario stuff.

Then we were home for about an hour before heading to church, where we were asked to dress in our favorite team's jersey. The discussion this week was on loyalty. I wore an Alabama shirt, Britney wore an Alabama shirt and hat and I sprayed her hair red, and Cody was Team Mario all the way. I was fun to look around and see everyone's clothing choices. One lady had a shirt that she made that said Go Jesus Go :) The youth pastor told everyone it was Brit's birthday so that was fun. After service they played tug of war several times and ran around and had a blast.

So for not having any plans, it turned out to be a pretty great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family