Monday, July 12, 2010

Zucchini Bread

My sister-in-law brought us some squash, zucchini, tomatoes and peppers from her garden. I love fresh squash and zucchini sauteed with a little butter and salt, but I made that twice and still had zucchini. I decided to make some zucchini bread and it turned out fantastic. Britney helped me make it and she LOVED eating it. Bobby took one of the loaves to share at work and everyone liked it there, too. I thought I would share the recipe in case anyone would like to try it. Enjoy!

2 Cups Zucchini
3 Eggs
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Oil
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 Cup Walnuts
Preheat oven to 350*. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs slightly and add white and brown sugar. Add oil and mix well. Mix in zucchini. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to mixture a little at a time until completely blended. Add cinnamon and nutmeg. Fold in nuts. Fill 2 loaf pans that have been greased and floured. Bake for 1 hour or until center feels firm.

3 comments:

  1. YUMMMMM-O! Now I am craving zucchini bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That is Heather-safe! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you make an extra loaf for your good friend Karen? :)
    Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Where we've been as a family