Monday, July 12, 2010

Ouch

I finally fell asleep last night listening to my ear pounding. Like I said, I can handle the throbbing, but that pain...wow. It woke me up at 3:30 this morning. I tried to watch TV, go back to sleep, but by 5:30 I was crying and ready to go to the emergency room. I got a shower at 5:45 which seemed to help. When Bobby got home, I was able to sleep for a couple hours. I called the doctor's office and got an appointment at 11:15. She looked in my ear and said "Well, you definitely have an ear infection." Well, no kidding lady. I got two shots of antibiotic - one in my arm and one in my hip. I'm not afraid of needles, but I have to say that getting a shot is a lot different than giving blood. I mean, it hurt and I'm bruised. She wrote three prescriptions for me...antibiotic, ear drops and pain reliever, which costs over $46.00 to fill. That hurt almost as much as the shots.

Anyway, just wanted to give you an update. Thank you all for the get well wishes:) I love you guys.

1 comment:

  1. You should have called the vet, hahaha! Remember Ben and Jessie had the SAME ear drops. His were $20+ AND our co-pay for the doc and hers were free with the $15 vet check?
    I am glad you are on the mend, I hope it does not take long for everything to kick in and kick butt!

    ReplyDelete

Where we've been as a family