Thursday, July 15, 2010

Banana Nut Bread

We had some bananas sitting on the counter that had ripened past the point of anyone wanting to eat them. I didn't want them to go to waste so I looked online for a banana nut bread recipe. I found one that sounded good, although I did change it up a bit. Cody and I had a lot of fun making this together. He couldn't wait to eat it!

Banana Nut Bread

2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Mashed Overripe Bananas
4 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts

Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and flour two loaf pans. Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl. In another large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time mixing after each one is added. Mix in mashed bananas. Pour dry ingredients into wet a little at a time until thoroughly mixed. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Pour into loaf pans and bake for approximately 50 minutes.
Cody loved mashing the bananas!




This made the house smell SO good while it was baking. YUM! The original recipe said to bake it for 60 - 70 minutes. They would have been burnt little bricks! I baked ours a little too long at 55 minutes, so check it close to the end. I think 45 - 50 minutes would be better. It was delicious! Bobby even liked it and he's not a fan of bananas :) Cody had to pick the walnuts out of his. Next time I'll make a loaf with no nuts and a loaf with double. That should make everyone happy:)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family