Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I HATE PINK

Cody's eye continued to look worse. By the time we got home last night, his right eye was getting red too. There were both puffy and leaky. He's had some sinus drainage so he's been coughing a bit at night, but last night was bad. We had a rough night. He would wake up coughing, would get choked and throw up. He could barely open his left eye because it was so...icky. He was pitiful.

I called the doctor this morning and they were able to get him in at 9:15. When I woke him up to get him ready, his eyes were completely crusted shut. Poor baby.

He has pink eye in both eyes, which is what I expected to hear. He most likely got it from getting his face painted at Children's Hospital Monday. I've never had it before and this is the first time one of the kids has gotten it. I pray it's the last. He has to have a drop in each eye every two hours for the first 24 hours and then twice a day after that for the next 4 days. He's very contagious so we'll be grounded for the next week.

Here he is at the doctor's office. His eyes are redder and more swollen than what they look like in the pictures.

1 comment:

  1. POOR CODY ~ Those pictures make my eyes itch so I can only imagine how he is suffering. Hope the medicine helps it quickly. We will be praying for him while you are in "confinement".

    ReplyDelete

Where we've been as a family