Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowzilla 2011

It started snowing around 8:00 Sunday night!


I could not sleep! I was so excited for the kids and worried about Bobby going to work the next day. I was not worried about his driving at all. He has lived up north and has driven in these conditions numerous times. I was worried about everyone else's driving.

While everyone else was in bed, I snapped pictures through the window. Everything was just so beautiful and bright.

I decided to try to go to sleep around midnight. Before I went to bed, I let Cassie out in the backyard.

She is not a fan of snow!


We were out there for maybe 5 minutes and she was covered with snow. At this point we had about 5".

I woke up at 3:00, and again at 4:45 while Bobby was getting ready for work.



Bobby leaving for work. He could barely get out of the driveway!

I just stayed awake after Bobby left. I was excited and I promised to wake the kids up early. Except they didn't mean 5 am early, so I had some time to kill.

Finally...DAYLIGHT!

I woke the kids up at 7:00 and we started playing at 8:00. Cody jumped off the porch first, did a face plant and just sprawled out in the snow...soaking it all in. Brit pretty much did the same thing:)











Poor Cassie








Completely tuckered out!

We were outside for about 2 hours when we decided it was time to go in. Cody had to come in once to thaw out while Brit and I played.
Before we headed in, we made our very first batch EVER of snow cream. It was GOOD!
Thanks for the recipe, Gretta:)

Along with their snow cream, the kids had hot chocolate and omelets for breakfast. Mmmmm.

Unlike Cassie, Logan LOVES the snow!


We went back out for another round of play around 1:00 and got to work building our snowman.

Of course, we played in the street, too. It's icy and slushy and perfect for sliding:)


Logan was barking his head off, so I looked and there were a couple guys in the alley rolling this HUGE snow...wheel. I let Logan know I saw them and it was okay. He started barking again. His mad "I'm gonna get you" bark. I told the kids about it so we went to the alley to see what was going on. Those guys had thrown snowballs at the fence...just to piss Logan off! WHY would you make a German Shepherd mad, people? Next time, I'll let him out...

The view of the alley


Back to the front yard...

Cody adding the carrot nose to our snowman, Frosty Maurice.


Round 2 kicked my hiney. By yesterday evening, I felt awful. I could not get warm. I was achy and sore. I was flushed and felt feverish. BLAH!

Bobby got home from work safely last night and back to work safely this morning. I pray that trend continues. I am better today. Not 100% but better. I can't make myself go back outside though. Thankfully the kids don't seem to mind.

All in all, this has been an amazing experience. We got about 8" at our house! It was the third largest snowfall ever recorded in our area! It has been the most snow the kids have ever seen. Only I've seen more snow than this once or twice. Pretty awesome:)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like "snow" much fun at your house! I'm glad you liked the snow cream. Our snow was too icy to make any this time...BOO! It is something I always remember my Mom making for us on the rare snows we got growing up. Glad you are feeling better today also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I can't believe that is Cassie, it doesn't even look like her. I love the gloves too! And the night time shots are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Where we've been as a family