Monday, January 17, 2011

The week

We're finally starting to thaw out here. The snow was fun, but I'm glad to see it go. The ice was not so fun. It was a literal pain in my ass and I have decided to move farther south. My hip is healing. The pain has been significant - my whole left side has hurt and I looked like an old woman hobbling through the house. I'm feeling much better today. I still have a nice bruise on my hip...quite colorful.

Cody and I had been home ALL week, so while Bobby was off work on Sunday, we went to Books A Million and TJ Maxx to look around. Cody bought himself a couple books and Brit is saving up her money so she can purchase the new Maximum Ride book when it comes out on Valentine's Day. Man, that kid is excited about that book:)

I called Heather to see if they would like to hang out Sunday evening, so we ended up at her house and spent hours talking, laughing and eating. The kids had so much fun playing games.
After dinner, we watched Guardians of Ga'hoole. It was such a visually pleasing movie...very pretty. We really enjoyed it and now we want to read the book series. Great night with some of our bestest buddies:)

I won a giveaway on Gretta's blog and received a free copy of Soaring with Spelling for Cody. He LOVES it! He is excited about doing his lesson for the day. It's so awesome to find something he likes this much. Plus it has helped his confidence with his reading in other areas. Happy!


I've starting a new blog just for my photography: g m lackey photography
I've joined Esther in a fun weekly photo challenge...Project 52.


Let's see...what else? Oh, we've made homemade biscuits twice this week. Not just any biscuits. No...these biscuits actually taste great and don't resemble hockey pucks like my usual attempts. Seriously, I haven't been able to make biscuits...EVER. They've always been horrible. Not anymore! I'll post the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family