Friday, December 14, 2012

Geminid Meteor Shower

The last meteor shower of 2012 was last night/this morning.  I walked outside around 11:30 and within 30 seconds I saw two scoot by.  They were so beautiful and bright.  It was a very clear night...perfect for sky watching.  I came inside and asked Cody if he'd like to join me for a few minutes.  Darn it was cold out!  I bundled that kid up and wrapped him with so many blankets, he couldn't walk or sit.  Brit had already gone to bed, but I knew she wasn't asleep yet, so I asked her if she'd like to go too.  There we were, the three of us, lying on our backs on the drive way, bundled up ooooing and ahhhing.  We talked about the meteors and constellations and connected the stars to make figures.  Cody wants to do some more research so I imagine we'll do that today while Britney is entertaining the masses.  We weren't out there long, but it was a great moment with my two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family