Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Lovely Bones

When Bobby, Britney, Cody and I went to the theater to see New Moon, there was a preview for the movie The Lovely Bones. I had never even heard of the bestseller by Alice Sebold. I had one of those "I have to" moments. I have to see this movie and I have to read this book. The only problem is that I didn't do it in that order.

The day after Christmas, we went to visit Dad and Karen. On the way, we stopped at Sam's to see if they had anything of interest discounted after the holiday. Britney found the book...and it was under $5! Of course we snatched it right up.

I read it last week and I honestly can't stop thinking about it. The mother in me wants more justice for the main character. Now, I'm not saying I'm disappointed in it. I enjoyed it very much. I just wish I had watched the movie first. Now I know what's going to happen, and I'll know when they messed something up...which drove me CRAZY about the Twilight movie. I couldn't enjoy the movie because I kept comparing it to the book. Ah!! You'd think I would learn!

3 comments:

  1. I do NOT want to see the movie. The book was hard enough to live through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gina this is Candi..I found your blog on Lauren's links and I really enjoy reading it :) I want to read this book after seeing the previews...I'm a reader first...then the movie...but I always like the books better...more details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the book when it came out. I, like Heather, about didn't make it. It broke my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Where we've been as a family