Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Corn Snakes Are Nocturnal

Tango's house sits on top of the armoire in our bedroom. It's the warmest room in the house, so it seems like the best place for now. I get Tango out and handle him for about 20 minutes at least once a day. I always feel a little bad about waking him up. He's so peaceful and cute and sound asleep during the day. But at night and early in the morning...he's a wild man! It is so entertaining to watch him plan his big escape. He gets on top of his decorative yet functional fake log, and stretches as far as his little body will allow. He tries so hard to reach the top of the aquarium. He also likes to wrap himself around the temperature and humidity guages stuck to the side of his house. That's where he currently is. I can't get a picture of him because the light coming on, or any movement I make with a camera in hand, makes him coil back down and rethink his plans.

Here's a link to my favorite corn snake website. Check out the Photo Gallery of ALL the different color morphs. Some of them are so beautiful and some look like red-eyed demon white rat tails. I don't like white snakes...or red eyes...if you can't tell.

http://www.cornsnakes.net

2 comments:

  1. Can you believe I looked at all 69 types of corn snakes (with my heart beating out of my chest the entire time mind you!). This one is my favorite:

    http://www.cornsnakes.net/photogallery_showpic.php?pgID=360&uType=Update&framewidth=1243&frameheight=27&res=&wOpt=

    Or maybe it is just that it is Crimson color and game day is only 3 days away and can I just say "ROLL TIDE"! So if I ever decide to get a cornsnake (which is not ever going to happen), I'll get this one & name it Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! I'm gonna turn you into a snake person after all:)

    That one is SO cool! I don't think I saw it before. He's a perfect Bama color! ROLL TIDE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Where we've been as a family