Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fall is in the air

I know it's not technically Fall yet, but I can't help but to feel a little giddy this time of year. It IS my favorite after all. The leaves are changing and covering my yard, the temperature outside is considering lowering, and it's close to my birthday, which admittedly I still get excited about:)

Today I decided it is Fall enough to make the season's first pot of chili...even though it's 80* outside. This very moment, my beautiful green enameled cast iron dutch oven (THANK YOU AUNT CATHY!) is full of simmering meat, vegetables, and seasonings making our home smell absolutely delicious.

I also decided to change the blog to look more Fall-ish with a picture I took in October of last year while we were in North Carolina. Britney helped me pick the new color for the background. Thanks Brit!

So, how do you eat your chili? When I have chili, I HAVE to have a very large, very cold glass of milk. I like crackers with it, but I usually dip and not crush them all up, I like lots of shredded cheese and Tabasco.

1 comment:

  1. your post has made me hungry for chili too now! We eat ours with cheese & sour cream. We can't make it too "spicy" because it is something all of the kids will eat as long as we keep it on the medium side! Love the new fall look of your blog too....bring on FALL!

    ReplyDelete

Where we've been as a family