Monday, March 29, 2010

The last 10 days...

Cody received a package the other night from our wonderful cousins, Cathy and Rick. They are SO sweet! Thank you for Cody's birthday presents! He LOVES them!!!

He got a crystal growing kit, a eco dome habitat, a huge volcano kit, a motor works kit where you build a 4 cylinder engine, and a kit to dig up a T-Rex. Each kit also come with a big poster with tons of info on it. I'm going to hang them up all over:)

Cody immediately built the eco dome and set up the aquarium for the Triops.

I've seen a huge improvement in Cody's math lately! Way to go kid:)

The next night, he dug up a T-Rex in our kitchen!

Brit helped a little.



And then the dino ate Gumby! It was a sad night for Pokey.

It snowed...last Monday I think. We saw the biggest snowflakes EVER! They were HUGE!
The next day it was 65. That's March in Alabama for you.



Our dryer died. That would be the third appliance to die on us in a matter of months. The dryer box has become a permanent resident in the house. The kids love it.

I found Brit in the box, listening to her music:)

We've been going for a lot of walks lately. I love that the weather is 'sometimes' nice enough to go for a walk.

You know, they say owners and pets start looking like one another after a while. Here's proof.

Cody. Where do I begin. Cody has an incredible scientific, experiment, 'what if I do this' kind of mind. He loves to experiment with everything...food, magnets, games, electronics...everything. He has these gummy eyeballs. Not gummy like to eat, but squishy, gummy toy eyeballs. Because everyone needs a couple. Anyway, he's been wanting to melt them together for a while, so Bobby took care of that the other night.

and then he played with the melted gummy eyeballs.

and had a tickle fest with the kids.

The next morning, I woke up and Cody was sitting with Bobby on the couch. He didn't say hi to me or anything. What I heard was, "Mommy. I need boiling water, cornstarch, Borax, food coloring, glue and your glass measuring cup."

I put water in the kettle to start boiling and collected the other materials he asked for. Wait, I'm sure I poured a cup of coffee first. Let's be reasonable.
So the first step, was to pour the boiling water over the eyeballs. Then he added the Borax, glue, food coloring and cornstarch. He used a pencil to stir because I knew I would be throwing it out:)

This is what it looked like.

Brit peeked in once or twice to see what we were up to.

Beware the stretchy eyeballs!

Cody is not satisfied with the results of his experiment. First of all, the eyeballs didn't melt in the boiling water. He was trying to create some sort of putty I think. He would like to try again.

We went to Heather's Saturday to celebrate Griffin's 6th birthday. We had a wonderful time! I've missed everyone!

Brit went home with Chandler to spend the night. Yesterday, Cody and I went to Esther's to get Britney and to spend the afternoon with them. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family