Friday, January 10, 2014

2014

Well, we're 10 days into the new year and I feel like I haven't accomplished much of anything.  I'm not about resolutions.  It seems like any time I put pressure on myself like that, I not only fail, but fail tremendously.  If you could find a picture of what self sabotage looks like, it would be of me.

That being said, I start this year weighing about 20 pounds less than last year.  I hope to see continued progress in that area.  I also REALLY want to challenge myself by participating in a Warrior Dash and/or Spartan Race this year.  The idea of an obstacle course race appeals to me greatly.  I put something out on FB about it and got more of a response than I anticipated!  It's going to be awesome to team up with friends, challenge ourselves and kick some ass this year :)

I also want to do a Color Run or Neon Vibe...or a copy cat race with a cheaper registration price.  Those look fun!

Let's see...Rosie's daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter visited from Israel and the kids and I went down to spend a day with them.  I like them SO much.  Max came for the day as well and we all ate and talked and laughed.  Good day :)

Britney is in The Little Mermaid and she had her first practice last night.  She's spending the day with Esther so her and Chan can go over some costume ideas.  The girls are Flotsam & Jetsam, which is kind of perfect.  Emily is Sebastian, which is also perfect.  They are going to have a blast with this one!  Anyway, they've given Brit and Chan creative leeway on their costumes and I can't wait to see what ideas they come up with.

Dakota is still in major Dr. Who and Minecraft crazed phase.  And Legos.  And playing the piano.  He's teaching himself how to play the Dr. Who theme song.  Last night when Dave picked Brit up, he invited Dakota to go to Brick Fair with them this Saturday.  We went last year and had a blast and he's very excited about going again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family