Monday, January 7, 2013

Goals

I didn't make any resolutions.  Now that I think about it, I usually don't.  It seems silly to make such a promise.  What happens WHEN you mess up?  On January 19th?  Your WHOLE year is screwed?  I don't think so.

I do have goals though.  I want to be a better person...better wife, mother, friend.  I have lots of ideas for this year, but I can't be the better person for everyone else without becoming a better me.  I've been stressed out about some things and that translates to stuffing more food in my face.  I've gained weight, although I'm not brave enough to step on the scale to find out how much.  But it really doesn't matter.  It's not the number on the scale or sewn into my jeans.  It's how I feel.  I want to feel better, freer, not trapped in this body.  I want to have the energy I've had in the past when I've eaten healthy and exercised daily.  I want to be a better example to my children.  I want to give them healthy food options, especially Cody who thinks anything resembling a vegetable is of the devil.

I've been creating a bucket list of sorts and every one of those items listed requires a fitter, healthier me.  So, that's my goal.  Health.  Overall heath - physical, emotion, mental, and spiritual.  I want to love myself more.  The other part of that goal is for me to not get discouraged and give up.  I can be doing SO well....exercising daily, eating better, SEEING a difference in my body that I love, and then something happens.  I get stressed out about something, or slack off for a week and then it's all over.  I start my same ol' bad habits and gain all the weight back.  No more.  I'm going to stick with it!   I hope to blog more about this too, keep a track record publicly.  That will hold me accountable and will hopefully help me out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family