Friday, April 24, 2009

The Little Things

It was absolutely beautiful today. The kids slept late trying to recover from mass quantities of play time with Jake, Chandler, and Ben. We skipped breakfast so by 11:30 their tummies were complaining. I started making sandwiches, and we decided to have a picnic in the backyard. Cody just wanted to make sure I brought the pickles with us. We can't forget pickles! Bobby got the table and chairs off the front porch, and Britney grabbed a table cloth. We started walking toward the back door and Cody was smiling and singing "It's the best day ever" from Spongebob. I can't tell you how that made me feel. It was awesome to see him so happy. It's definitely the little things that mean the most. A picnic is so simple to throw together, and we all had a blast. I sure do love my babies!

1 comment:

  1. We have a cheapy set of table and chairs that my parents gave us and it gets used ALL summer. You have to love eating al fresco!

    ReplyDelete

Where we've been as a family