Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Playing catch up!

Wow!  I'm so far behind, I don't know where to begin!  Let's see...

August:
We went to Heather's for a get together complete with swimming and birthday cake for Britney :)

We watched the Crawfords in their awesome performance of Alice in Wonderland!

We spent a day with our friends at Rhodes Ferry Park.

Britney and I hiked Walls of Jericho with the Crawfords.  We also stopped to watch the bats at Sauta Cave on the way home.

We found out about a movie that was being filmed and were in need of extras.  Britney, Cody and I spent a VERY LONG day in Birmingham.  We got home at 2 am, but it was an awesome experience!  We were in key scenes with James Denton,   AJ MichalkaChris Ellis and Jamie Grace. Jamie Grace even did a little performance for us :)  Grace Unplugged is due to be released summer 2013!

September:
We went to Oka Kapassa with a lot of our friends!  We all really enjoyed this and plan on returning!

We spent a day visiting Lake Guntersville State Park and High Falls Park.  I can't say enough bad things about the trail at Lake Guntersville...worst trail we've ever hiked and we've hiked A LOT.  I also can't say enough good things about High Falls.  I think I could go there every single day.

We spent a couple days at Tishomingo State Park to celebrate my 31st birthday!  We had the best time and will definitely be back.

We went to Steele Orchard on a field trip with one of the homeschool groups.  We enjoyed it a learned a few new things, but overall felt it was geared more toward younger kids.

October:
Britney was in her 13th...or 14th (I need to count that up) play, Give My Regards to Broadway.  She did an amazing job as Connie! 

Bobby and I walked part of the Flint Creek Trail.  LOVE fall :)

I hiked Rainbow Mountain with a friend!  I can't wait to go back with my family!

There was a film being shot here in town.  We know several people who are in it, and they needed extras for a couple scenes.  Brit and I spent several hours doing that one day.  Cody had NO interest in going.  I'm actually glad he didn't.  It was quite cold and he would have been miserable.   The movie is called Little Josephine and it will be shown at local film festivals.

Bobby and I celebrated our 13th anniversary on the 26th!  We spent the whole day together.  We grabbed some delicious food from Earth Fare for a picnic and hiked Wade Mountain.  Thanks for the recommendation, Esther!  We loved it!

Every single year, we want to go the Alabama Renaissance Faire and every single year something has prevented us from going.  We were determined to make it this year, but it was SO cold!  Bobby and Cody stayed home.  I hate that they missed it and really hope it's nice weather next year.  Several friends came and we really did have an awesome time.  Britney has been wanting a cloak for years.  She had been saving up and FINALLY bought herself one.  I wish I had a picture of her face when she showed it to me.  She was SO happy!

Esther scheduled a tour at the Golden Flake factory in Birmingham.  Most of our friends have been there several times, but we've never made it before.  Oh my goodness!  We had a blast!  It's a FREE tour and we learned a lot about the process.  Plus the guide gives you hot, off the conveyer belt goodies! Not to mention lots of bags to take home!

Britney had an upcoming performance of Little Women.  She is playing Sally Gardiner and I'm really looking forward to this play!

Of course, there was a pumpkin carving day and trick or treating with friends!

November:
November 1st marked the beginning of NaNoWriMo!  Britney has participated and has exceeded her goals for the last two years.  This year is the final book in her trilogy and at November 6th, she has written over 17,000 words!  Her goal is 100,000 words!  Good luck, kiddo!


Okay, I know this isn't EVERYTHING, but it's a start.  I was overwhelmed and at least now, I can see it lined up and I can start going through and getting some pictures up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family