Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dum Dum Da Dum

Beth and Richard's wedding was this past weekend!
It was perfect and beautiful and we had so much fun!

Bobby and I headed to Knoxville on Friday morning with me driving the whole way since Bobby had worked off that morning. Poor guy. He should have taken two nights off.

The drive was uneventful other than traffic, rain and construction. We made it to the hotel by 1:30, checked in, got our stuff to the room, called Beth to let her know we were there, and went to grab some lunch at La Costa.

After we ate, we went back to the room so Bobby could rest before we the rehearsal and dinner.

When it was time to leave, we met Beth and Barbara in the lobby so we could ride with them to the church. Then 'Other' Beth and her husband Rob walked up. Britney named her 'Other' Beth when she was little after both Beths came to Alabama during a break from college. I hadn't seen her in about 10 years!

The church is absolutely beautiful...stone, stained glass, statues, domed ceiling...just beautiful. The rehearsal went well and we were finally able to meet everyone. Then it was off to the hotel until the rehearsal dinner at Blue Coast Burrito. It was the perfect place! Delicious!

Beth and Richard!


My peach margarita

Me and Barbara

We wanted to take Beth out after dinner, but she had some other things to take care of. Plus I don't think she wanted to drink the night before her wedding. We just couldn't get everyone in the same state before the wedding. Beth's in Tennessee, Other Beth is in New Jersey, Barbara and I are in Alabama and Melissa's in Florida. A bachelorette party just didn't happen, which I'm kind of bummed about. I've never been to one. So instead, a few of us hung out in Beth's suite and talked and played with Melissa and Scott's 1 year old daughter, Avery.


The next morning, we had breakfast with Beth and Barbara and then headed back to Beth's room to meet the hair and make up people.

This is the view of Market Square from the 12th floor of our hotel. I think every Saturday morning they have a big farmer's market in the square. Looked like it would be interesting to walk through.


My hair was done first since I was showered and ready to go:)
I had never had my hair in a french twist.

Getting my make up done.


Beth's hair

and make up

Lacing up the corset to her gorgeous dress.

Bobby came into the room just before it was time for the guys to head
over to the church.
The whole gang!



We walked from the church to the reception (about three blocks) so that the photographer could get shots along the way. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Richard's son Jake was the best man:)

Mr and Mrs Richard Mason!

Father Daughter dance

The reception was amazing! I stumbled through my speech and cut it nearly in half. I don't do public speaking so I had counted on the nerves, but not the emotions! Geez! Anyway, we partied and had a blast! The food was delicious and the cake...OMG! SO good! Oh, and I am now a professional tambourine player...and clearly not afraid of getting on stage once I start drinking. I suppose those are good things to know about me:)

After the band finished their last set, we cleared out and went to the hotel's bar. I did go up to the room first to put on my new dress.


The drive home...sucked! I mean 4 1/2 hours in a car after drinking until
2 am...UGH! Oh well. It was worth it! We had an amazing time!

Beth and Richard are currently living my dream and are exploring Italy. I'm so happy for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family