Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday! The library contacted DreamWeavers yesterday to see if the cast would come to the library this afternoon to celebrate. The Decatur Daily will be there there, so Britney just knows she will be in the newspaper! I found this site a little while ago. We haven't had a chance to play on it yet, but it looks like fun!

http://www.seussville.com/






UPDATE:

OK, I have to say I am amazed at the amount of families that came out to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday! The kids' library was completely packed! I always joke about being claustrophobic, but I truly experienced it today. I told Bobby it was worse than Disney World, but he didn't believe me.
The cast sang a couple songs from the play. A woman that works at the library dressed as The Cat in The Hat. They had face painting, bean bag toss, fish to decorate, the COOLEST Green Eggs and Ham cake, cup cakes and a TV set up to watch a movies.

Happy Birthday Mr. Theodor Seuss Geisel!!!



2 comments:

  1. I avoid all big library productions. When Austin was little we would go to everything with the other "regulars". Something happened (I suspect better advertising) and the day cares and schools started showing up to stuff. 200 kids and 4 adults. Ugh. Since then we just do story time. Kim puts on GREAT parties and events, but I don't like the crowds either! Looks like they had a great time tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We honestly had no idea what to expect when we got there. The cast of Seussical was asked to show up to celebrate his birthday. I never expected that many people...oh, the people...I'm still shaking...

    They did have a good time, though and Kim is awesome:)

    ReplyDelete

Where we've been as a family