Monday, March 2, 2009

Bedtime

Since we've started homeschooling, the "time" in bedtime has become a friendly suggestion, and it really isn't suggested that often. The last couple weeks, it's been really late, or really early, depending on how you look at it, before we finally fall asleep. This evening, I was telling Britney and Cody that we need to be getting more sleep and should go to bed earlier. I'm honestly the one that's tired. I don't think they are showing any signs of sleep deprivation.
So here it is, 11:35 and we're getting ready for bed. Cody finished brushing his teeth before I did. He left the bathroom, but didn't shut the door. I decided to go ahead and use the bathroom before I went to bed. I'm sitting there and Cody walks into the bathroom with two Pez dispensers and starts shaking them like castanets and dancing and singing. It's a good thing I was sitting where I was because I was laughing so hard I probably would have peed on myself.


There are so many things we've experienced and laughed about, games we've played, songs we've sang, stories we've told and things we've learned in the middle of the night. Even though I am a little tired, I am so thankful for these moments with my children. I feel so blessed to have them at home living, learning and loving life with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family