Sunday, May 27, 2012

Daikin Festival

We try to go to the Daikin Festival every year.  The evening offers free parking, admission, food and entertainment.  The only drawback for me is just the sheer amount of people!  I think the whole city shows up!  But I guess with that, you inevitably see someone you haven't seen in a while.

Britney called and asked Emily if she would like to go with us.  I'm so glad she decided to.  Things are just more fun with friends.  The kid pick up turned into a kid switch though.  Cody decided to spend the evening with Zachary for some much needed boy play time.


Waiting in line...




They got airbrushed wrist tattoos.


Every year, Britney wants to ride the hot air balloon, but I'm afraid of heights and chicken out every time...until this year.  (I've been trying to do better with my aversion to heights, forcing myself to face my fear)  Anyway, Bobby and I got in line right away and called Britney to surprise her.  Her and Emily quickly joined us as we waited.


We chose this one to ride in.

The moment of take off!


The view

It was a quick ride but a first for all of us.  That doesn't happen often around here.  Bobby has done so many things!  He's been in one before, but has never been in the air.



Me and my girl







We left a little earlier than we usually do in hopes of beating some of the crowd.  Then we took Emily home and picked up The Boy Child.  We had planned on getting up early and heading to Point Mallard to watch the balloons take off, but decided not to on the way home.  It was after 10:00 and everyone wanted to sleep late.  I found out that the balloons didn't take off anyway because it wasn't windy enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where we've been as a family