- I am completely blessed and unbelievably happy with my life.
- I was born in Downer's Grove, IL which is a suburb of Chicago.
- I'm terrified of heights.
- I've never been on an airplane. Our helicopter ride in PCB this year was my first time in the air.
- My grandfather's surgery to put his pacemaker in was scheduled for March 14, 2001. My mom jokingly told me I could have Cody on any other day. Cody was born by emergency c-section that afternoon.
- Cody's c-section was the worst physical pain I've ever experienced.
- I gave birth to Britney exactly one month before I turned 17.
- I passed my driver's test the first time.
- I have two tattoos, one of which matches Bobby's - Dolphin on our right shoulders.
- I was a step-grandmother by the age of 21.
- I've never been pulled over by a police officer.
- I started playing city softball when I was 9 years old. I made all stars my first year.
- I can only make myself go about waist deep in the ocean. Anything past that and I can literally hear the Jaws theme song.
- I think flowers are one of the silliest gifts to give someone you love. I mean...they're dead when you get them and turn black in a week.
- That being said, lilies are my favorite flower.
- It was 10 years between incidents, but I've jumped off of two different horses to avoid being hurt by trees. FYI-the ground hurts, too!
- I've never broken a bone.
- The c-section was the only surgery I've ever had, so I've never been put under before.
- I've recently discovered that I really enjoy baking.
- I get my hair cut about once a year.
- Our dream is to be able to buy a house in the country with lots of land.
- I want to learn how to can foods.
- I can't stand the taste of licorice.
- My parents divorced when I was 8 years old.
- I've never been farther west than the outskirts of Dallas, TX. Oh, how I want to go out west.
- I've never been on a cruise.
- I always wanted green eyes. They were hazel while I was growing up and now, the older I get, the greener my eyes are.
- I've never had a manicure or a pedicure.
- Where we live now, is the longest I've ever lived in one place since my parents divorced.
- I had attended 7 different schools by the time I graduated 8th grade.
- I've never been able to pick a favorite color.
- I was a catcher in high school. My knees have hurt ever since.
- We raised sheep when I was little. I remember my Dad shearing them in the basement, and when Maria gave birth to her twins, one white and one black.
- I drink coffee, unsweetened tea, and water. I very rarely drink carbonated drinks.
- My brother and I were sliding down a hill next to our house when I was about five or so. It was my turn, I started to slide and my brother snagged my fingers just in time to stop me. I was SO mad at him, but then I saw why he had stopped me. There was a HUGE rattlesnake right where I was about to land.
- I quit smoking 7 years ago.
- I received a writing award in high school.
- I ran away when I was 14. I was gone about 12 hours.
- I've always wanted a 1964 1/2 Mustang convertible. RED!
- My favorite new/current cartoon is Phineas and Ferb.
- The first play I ever watched was Oklahoma at North East Community College when I was 8 or 9. When I spell the word Oklahoma, I still sing the song in my head.
- I'd like to dye my hair purple. Not all over, just like highlights. Wait is that actually low lights?
- I think I would kick ass in roller derby.
- I never wore braces.
- I have three half brothers.
- I was three feet away from Train in 1998. I went to visit Lauren at Birmingham Southern's Halloween shindig. I heard them play Meet Virginia in person before I ever heard it on the radio.
- I've always wanted to learn how to play an instrument.
- When I was younger, I was very blond.
- I hated my name growing up because it was so uncommon. Now I love it for that very reason.
- I would absolutely love to go to Italy and Greece...and about a hundred other places, but those are my first picks.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
50 Little Known Facts
Gretta did this on her blog, so I decided to give it a shot. Honestly, I'm not sure if I can come up with that many:)
Where we've been as a family
visited 8 states (16%)
Create your own visited map of The United States