Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Seeing Something New

Cody went to the ophthalmologist, and guess what? He needs glasses like the rest of our family:) So today we headed off to Birmingham to pick out his glasses and get them ordered. On our way, we stopped to eat lunch and saw something none of us had ever seen before...a 27 mile an hour speed limit sign! Has anyone ever seen this before? We thought it was so interesting that I had to snap a picture.


OK, I have to be honest here. I knew Cody's glasses would be a wonderful thing for him, but I was so worried they would be those big, thick, plastic, ugly glasses...especially when the guy said, "Your insurance has it's own kind for you to choose from." I felt a little panicky when he reached for the long, rectangular box. I've never been so happy to be proven wrong! These glasses look awesome on him...and he looks so grown up! Cody really likes them, which is the most important thing. He should have his glasses in about two weeks, and he's actually excited:)

1 comment:

Where we've been as a family